Friday, January 17, 2020

Hair straighteners, and dyes are probably NOT so good for 'ya long term





Hello!

For years I relaxed, + dyed my hair. It was one process right after the other; not to mention, bookoodles of dollars. One morning I woke up and thought to myself, "Enough already!" Twelve (12) years ago this month, my kinky curly hair & I went cold turkey from them there chemicals, and we haven't looked back. 

It's no secret. Women of color have some of "the most versatile hair" on the planet, seemingly. If it can be done, we can get it done or we can do it. But at what cost?

BREASTCANCER. org released a report in December stating that there is enough plausible evidence to suggest that the use of hair straighteners + dyes on Black women's hair may be related to breast cancer. Ladies I don't know about you, but this gave me pause.


Even a decade ago, ladies I know who were treated for breast cancer were told by their physicians to reduce their 'chemical imprint.' Well; of course, they did!

There are chemicals in the air, land, and water ; chemicals in the food, and in health care and beauty products. It is starting to take it's toll on folks, wouldn't you agree? There are more incidents of men, women, and children dying prematurely of cancer than we care to mention.

I do know this. I do not need lyes and dyes to make my hair look nice, and neither do you! There are products on the market which; after all, require only a blow dryer and a reasonable amount of heat to get to styling and filing if that. My suggestion is that we all do whatever we can to live the way nature intended. Without all of the toxins.   

Soar, in 2020!

Shalom!

Angela
#HairChemicalsNotSoGood
#IAdornedYu
#IAdornedYou

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"

Angela L Vann, Ms  |  Even Greater Things  |  Far Above Rubies  |  I Style Yu

Like this? Gifts are accepted at GPay! Thaaaaank you!


Privacy Regarded 

     





No comments:

Post a Comment