Friday, January 10, 2020

Layer up ... for warmth




Hello!

Vogue, and I agree. If you want to stay warm this winter ... layer up!

I clock in at five plus (5+) miles on foot nearly every day of the week. Although the temperatures  here in the Sandhills can vary quite a bit even during the winter months, the mornings can be cold. I have learned how to stay warm.

I do NOT like bulky items; therefore, my outerwear is usually a blazer. A blazer with room to spare! I haven't purchased or worn 'a real coat' in years, and I am not about to start now! Mobility means everything to me!

From there I tend to work with at least three to four different fabrics and pieces to stay warm, no matter what the temperature is outside. I can count on my trusty cotton, lycra, polyester, and wool.  Usually, in that order. One or two pieces is not going to be enough to keep the body temperature steady, even under a coat. It amazes me how little people will wear when they know it is going to be cold outside. Fluctuating body temperatures can lead to a cold, or worse.   

I always start with a tank top! It is often a cotton, or polyester knit. Sometimes it is just cotton. Sometimes it is just polyester.

I then put on long sleeve, lycra t-shirt. Every once in a while, it will be a long sleeve cotton t-shirt. Lycra stretches, and molds to the body. And because it is made of tightly woven polyester fibers, it seals in the body heat. Spandex works just as well. For all intents and purposes, they are one and the same. One may be a little bit thicker than the other, but that is about all. Both are what you would wear while working out. 

From there I add another blouse; preferably, polyester. It too seals in the heat.


A sweater or light jacket goes over the polyester blouse. It is usually wool, but it can sometimes be  cotton. Preferably, thick.

I do not wear socks as often as I used to, not even in the winter. If I do, it is mostly during the summer months. The feet can sweat like I don't know what! That sweating is not a pleasantry when it is hot and muggy outside, believe you - me.

If I want to hit the great outdoors when it is below 20 degrees, I will  ---

Wear a hat! That's a given for me, irregardless.

Don a scarf! I adore 'em! I don't like to leave home without one.

Opt for an outer fur vest or coat, faux or not!

Put on tights, or pantyhose + socks.

Wear gloves!

Does it sound like quite the production? It isn't, really. There is always the alternative; which is of course, being cold. I prefer being warm, and toasty myself.

Soar, in 2020!

Shalom!

Angela
#LayerUpForWarmth
#IAdornedYu
#IAdornedYou

ALV & Co., "The Gold Standard!"

Angela L Vann, Ms  |  Even Greater Things  |  Far Above Rubies  |  I Style Yu

Like this? Gifts are accepted at GPay! Thaaaaank you!


Privacy Regarded        

No comments:

Post a Comment